Sunday, August 24, 2008

Holy freaking smothered hot dog, batman


Old Hickory House, Dunwoody, Ga

The sign out front exclaims: "Put a little south in your mouth" and that's exactly what I did.

My choice: the smothered dog, which comes in two varieties: chili, and Brunswick stew which I ordered purely out of curiosity. The concept is awesome, and it looked fantastic, unfortunately the taste left a little something to be desired. I think it was the flavor of the hot dog, which was very unique, and would be excellent on its own, clashed with the Brunswick stew, which was also quite tasty on its own. I definitely want to go back and try the chili version. My roomate got the pulled pork sandwich, and though this is a blog dedicated to hot dogs, its worth a mention that the bbq was fantastic.



No comments: